Monday 11 April 2011

And now for something a bit different...

Hello lovely ladies of blogsville! I hope you have had a wonderful week and an even better weekend enjoying the sunshine!

Now, all this talk of sunshine has made me think of holidays, and the dress I've chosen today put's me in the holiday mood, it's lightweight jersey fabric is so cool and comfortable - just how holiday clothes should be!

So here it is, in all it's glory...



As you'll see it's a quite eye catching halter neck backless dress with Andy Warhol style Marilyn Monroe print. This particular dress is from Betsey Johnson (http://www.betseyjohnson.com/) and is current season.



As the dress only skim's the ankle, there's no danger of getting it caught up in your shoes and tripping over...

HOWEVER, you'll see I've teamed them with Office (http://www.office.co.uk/) red platform peep toe stiletto's with an eye watering 6 inch heel - so no over-indulging on the champagne when wearing these babies!!  I've gone for red to bring out the red colour of Marilyn's lips, and my own, obviously! To match the shoes I've added the red clutch as shown previously...


With the dress and shoes being so in your face I'd opt for simple jewellery, such as a pair of silver hoop earrings and perhaps a silver charm bracelet, but definitely nothing around the neck, this will just mess up the look of the halter and be too fussy.

As mentioned, this dress is uber comfortable so you may also want to dress it down for daytime, I've added a picture below to show another way to wear it, I'm picturing myself heading for lunch somewhere in LA...


Hopefully, you'll see that although a dress may be of a certain fabric or style which is usually deemed appropriate for either day or night, don't be afraid to try different accessories to either dress up or dress down. Simply adding black flip flops and a slouchy leather bag makes the whole look a lot more casual.

So, another week, another look which I hope you love. Please let me know what you think, I'd love to read your comments below.

Don't forget, you can follow me on Twitter (LucilleVonFrock) & Facebook. If you need to get in touch email me at helen@lucille-von-frock.co.uk and call me on 07547 635870 - don't be a stranger, get in touch! xx


1 comment: