Monday 4 April 2011

Something for the daytime...

Hello my lovely blogettes, I hope you have had a wonderful week!  Now this week has been a week of questions, mainly of which were "will the sun shine today?" or "is it going to rain today?". However, it appears mostly the sun won the battle, so this week it's time for a nice little daytime outfit, ready for when the summer properly arrives!



As you'll see, it's a cute little floral summer dress which I've teamed with leopard print slingback wedges and an adorable yellow straw over the shoulder bag, specifically chosen to pull out the yellow shades on the dress.


The dress is lovely lightweight cotton with pleated detail on the top half, very 1950's, especially with the wide shoulder straps. The straw bag is also a favourite style from that period.


I've chosen the leopard print wedges to clash against the floral pattern of the dress to give it a more modern edge, this is something I like to do quite often, in fact I love to mix a bit of leopard print with most things!

So, you've enjoyed a lovely glass of Pimms on a beautiful summer's day, but as dusk approaches the air is starting to chill...what is a girl to do? Throw a cute cardigan over your shoulders of course and what better than a leopard print cardigan???


Now, the leopard prints on the cardigan and the shoes may not match, but I don't think it really matters, the key is to try and NOT match them, as quite frankly that looks like you're trying to hard...


Well dolls, there we have it, a basic staple of how to work the cute summer dress look with a kitsch 50's edge.  Other accessories I would add to this are maybe a cute locket around the neck, button earrings and most important of all a pony tail with a ribbon in!

So, another week, another look which I hope you love. Please let me know what you think, I'd love to read your comments below.

Don't forget, you can follow me on Twitter (LucilleVonFrock) & Facebook. If you need to get in touch email me at helen@lucille-von-frock.co.uk and call me on 07547 635870 - don't be a stranger, get in touch! xx






No comments:

Post a Comment