Friday 23 September 2011

The last squeeze of summer!

Surprised to see me back so soon after my little summer break? Have faith my lovelies, I'm back for good now!

So, before the temperature drops and we have to start wrapping up I thought I'd just squeeze in one more summer outfit for you to cast your eyes over, and this one is pretty special!


Now, you may be thinking "yes, it's s pretty white summer dress with red detailing, but what's the big deal?", well my sweet, the big deal is that not only is this a dress from Bettie Page Clothing, one of the most highly regarded and accurate label's for vintage inspired clothing, but it's also from the Gil Elvgren range of Bettie Page Clothing which is why I'm so excited about it!

Not sure who Gil Elvgren is? Well, let me fill you in,  American Gil Elvgren was, and remains in my opinion, the best pin up artist in the world. Between the mid 1930's up to 1972 Gil Elvgren produced over 500 paintings of beautiful women with sumptuous curves and a saucy twinkle in their eye, and more often than not flashing a stockinged thigh or two! If you haven't seen his cheeky pin up's, then I can guarantee you would have seen some of his illustrations for Coca Cola depicting the all American way of life. Nowadays, his influence can be seen everywhere, from tattoos (I have 2 of his ladies on me) to shampoo adverts. Have you realised I'm a fan yet?!

The dress is a replica from one of Elvgren's painting's called 'Pretty Please' and I think it's an honour to own a dress with the slightest link to this great artist...


For Bettie Page to create a range duplicating the dresses from these paintings is a stroke of genius; not only are they creating from a great archive and producing period accurate dresses, they're providing their clients with the opportunity to feel like a real pin up!

Now, I digress, back to the outfit...Although Bettie Page Clothing is an American label and I got this dress whilst I was out there, it is available in the UK, I know one place that stocks this brand is Stop Traffic Clothing (www.stoptrafficclothing.co.uk) and I believe it's also in the sale right now, so grab yourself a bargain!

As you'll see below, I've teamed it with white raffia wedges from New Look (www.newlook.com) as I think these keep with the casual daytime feel of the dress, for me, it's not really dressy enough for heels and an evening look.


Again, keeping the accessories simple I've chosen a leather weave detail barrel bag from Dorothy Perkins (www.dorothyperkins.com), I love this bag and team it with so many outfits, subsequently, I dread the day when it gets shabby and I can't use it any more...


I really like the different textures from shoe to handbag, I think it all adds to the casual feel of the outfit, rather than trying to be 'matchy matchy'.

For jewellery, I would also keep that simple and retro, I've opted for plastic red love heart studs, I'm not sure where they are from but I think they add to the kitsch/cute image that this dress exudes...




Another week, another outfit which I hope you love, obviously, you've probably guessed that this is a favourite of mine and I'm excited to share it with you.

Please let me know what you think, I'd love to read your comments below.



Don't forget, you can follow me on Twitter (LucilleVonFrock) & Facebook. If you need to contact me, then email me at helen@lucille-von-frock.co.uk or call me on 07547 635870 - don't be a stranger, get in touch! xx


Ps: Be sure to have a gander at my Von Frock's Vintage Hen's website (www.vonfrocksvintagehens.co.uk) and 'LIKE' it's page on Facebook!


If you are coming to London for your Hen Night and wish to indulge in some burlesque fun get in touch, I will come to your hotel, dress you and your friends, arrange for your hair & make up to be done in a vintage style then send you off with tickets to the top Burlesque show in London!! It's all so VERY exciting!

Au revoir  my lovelies!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog and your whole vibe. Check out our blog at www.pincurlsandpout.blogspot.com

    We so should meet!

    ReplyDelete