Sunday 2 October 2011

Hello, Marc Jacobs?

It's that time again and so glad you could join me for another dose of my blog!

So, how was your week? Did you enjoy the last gasps of summer before winter throttled it to death? I really do hope so, as I'm now looking to show you some more Autumn appropriate outfits, and this week to start off I've got a little something to make your eyes water, prepare yourself, you may need sunglasses...



Now, come on, you can tell me, you were expecting a colour palette of black, brown, navy or grey weren't you? Well, no siree, that's not what's on offer on my watch, I can't just go straight from sunshine to darkness, I have to be eased into it, so although the fabrics are thicker and more robust, the colours are still bright and cheerful!

As you can see, it's a 60's style suit, with green and black polka dot pencil skirt and mustard and black polka dot jacket /smock top which zips up at the back. The suit itself is from H & M (www.hm.com/gb/), bought very recently. As soon as I saw it I loved it, especially when I realised it looked very similar to a Marc Jacobs (www.marcjacobs.com) dress I'd seen as part of his Fall 2011 collection, as seen below on Beyonce...


Now, I get that they're different colours, but there's no mistaking where H & M got their inspiration from when designing this suit.

So, like Beyonce, I've styled mine in keeping with the sophisticated image that this outfit needs, not overdressing it too much and keeping it simple with a plain black stiletto and leather handbag...


Although this handbag is fine, I would prefer something slightly more structured, perhaps something like the bag below from ASOS (www.asos.com)...

I would even go so far as adding an elbow length leather glove for when the weather turns chilly, just for extra warmth, these are available from many places but I have found that Amazon (www.amazon.com) have quite a selection from numerous different sellers.

Jewellery wise, I would select a black button type earring, but as I'm yet to fully accessorise this outfit due to it's very recent purchase I've substituted that for classic pearl stud earrings as they always look understated and elegant.



Now, you've seen the outfit in it's glory for every day wear, here is a picture of the beautiful Myleene Klass modelling it for a photoshoot...



You see how the stylist has played on the quirkyness of the outfit, by adding more colours to the accessories; the blue hat; red gloves and white shoes? While I love what has been done here, I'm afraid this would only work for something like a photoshoot and not every day life, a classic shape like this suit doesn't come along at high street prices very often, so to make sure you get as much wear out of it as possible I'd stick to keeping the colour palette clean and uncluttered...no-one wants to look like a clown unless they have to!

Another week, another outfit which I'm excited to share with you and I hope you love.

Please let me know what you think, I'd love to read your comments below.
Don't forget, you can follow me on Twitter (LucilleVonFrock) & Facebook. If you need to contact me, then email me at helen@lucille-von-frock.co.uk or call me on 07547 635870 - don't be a stranger, get in touch! xx


Ps: Be sure to have a gander at my Von Frock's Vintage Hen's website (www.vonfrocksvintagehens.co.uk) and 'LIKE' it's page on Facebook!

If you are coming to London for your Hen Night and wish to indulge in some burlesque fun get in touch, I will come to your hotel, dress you and your friends, arrange for your hair & make up to be done in a vintage style in your hotel room then send you off with tickets to the top Burlesque cabaret show in London!! It's all so VERY exciting!

Au revoir my lovelies!!


1 comment:

  1. Your blog provided us with valuable information of personal shopper nyc. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging,

    ReplyDelete