Sunday 9 October 2011

Hello Sailor!!

Hello my lovelies, another week, another blog update!

This week I've opted for a nautical theme, a slap bang, right between the eyes, full on, no apologies, nod to the pin up's of the 40's and 50's! This dress is fun, cheeky and incredibly sexy!




I'm afraid it doesn't look much in the photograph as the mannequin doesn't have sufficient curves to show the dress to it's best, but nevertheless, I think you get an idea of where I'm coming from...

As you'll see, it's a navy pencil dress with a white edged bib, which is what gives it the nautical concept. I feel great when I wear this dress as it's so flattering, the fabric clings in all the right places and holds in the bits I'm not so confident about and because it's a pencil skirt style and hangs to just below the knee, it gives me that extra wiggle when I walk!

The dress is from Bettie Page Clothing (www.bettiepageclothing.com), a label I love, it's such good quality and totally caters for those ladies who love the vintage look, I can't recommend it enough.

Accessorising this outfit, I would opt for either white accessories, or red just to push that 'hello sailor!' look further...

On this occasion, I've teamed the dress with white shoes and straw clutch bag which I've featured on my blog previously, the shoes are from River Island (www.riverisland.com), the bag is from ASOS (www.asos.com).




Because the dress is such a showstopper I've kept jewellery simple, I've opted for this cute pair of Accessorize (www.accessorize.com) diamante swallows for my ears, another nod to the nautical theme as swallows are a traditional tattoo for sailors as they represent the endeavour to be 'homeward bound'.




I don't usually dip my toe into how to wear the hair but on this occasion I'd like to stick my neck out to complete the full image and suggest victory rolls, a la the beautiful Dita Von Teese..




Victory rolls are the epitome of of old school glamour for the hair, seeing a girl with victory rolls leaves me with no doubt, no matter how she is dressed, that this is a girl who loves vintage styling. If you're not familiar with this way of styling the hair and would like to attempt it, I'd recommend having a look on YouTube, it's a fantastic source for tutorial's on all types of vintage hair and make up styling, so if you're new to vintage, take a look!

Another week, another outfit which I'm excited to share with you and I hope you love.

Please let me know what you think, I'd love to read your comments below.


Don't forget, you can follow me on Twitter (LucilleVonFrock) & Facebook. If you need to contact me, then email me at helen@lucille-von-frock.co.uk or call me on 07547 635870 - don't be a stranger, get in touch! xx


Ps: Be sure to have a gander at my Von Frock's Vintage Hen's website (www.vonfrocksvintagehens.co.uk) and 'LIKE' it's page on Facebook!



If you are coming to London for your Hen Night or birthday celebration and wish to indulge in some burlesque fun get in touch, I will come to your hotel, dress you and your friends, arrange for your hair & make up to be done in a vintage style in your hotel room then send you off with tickets to the top Burlesque cabaret show in London!! It's all so VERY exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Those earrings are so cute. Lovely outfit - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete