Sunday 16 October 2011

The versatility of leopard print....

Hello ladies (and gentlemen?) how are we today? Feline fine? Sorry, that was bad I know, but I had to shoe horn it in somewhere!

As you've guessed, today's look is all about leopard print and it's versatility, now some of you may immediately wince at the idea of looking like the Coronation Street icon that is, Bet Lynch, but believe me ladies, you need leopard print in your life, I am a HUGE fan of it and some would say I am bordering on the obsessive...which is why I've brought you two different looks, one for day and one for night...

So let's start with the daytime look...


You'll see I've teamed a gorgeous leopard print pencil skirt along with the shapewear black half sleeve top I've showcased before on here, both pieces are from TK Maxx (www.TKMaxx.com). I know a lot of people just can't get into the swing of shopping at TK Maxx, the whole process of trawling through the rails is just too much for them, but I love the feeling of finding a gem at a great price, especially if it's a designer label, if you've given up on it, give it another try, go on, you might just find a diamond in the rough!

Back to the outfit; to keep it casual and practical enough for daytime I've opted for some comfortable kitten heels from Next (www.next.co.uk), although I'm a big heels fan they're just not realistic to wear all day when you're out and about. I particularly love these shoes because they're totally in keeping with the vintage look, especially with the leopard print pattern on the inside.


Inevitably, in keeping with the image I've opted for my faithful old leather Vivienne Westwood bag, it's not too dressy but still exudes sophistication.

To tidy the outfit up I've added a wide elasticated belt which bonds the skirt and top. Furthermore, just as a little extra dressing to wear on a chilly afternoon I would furnish with a faux fur shrug for extra warmth...


To stay in keeping this look casual I'd stick with simple pearl earrings and a simple string of pearl's around the neck.

Now, let's turn this theme around and pep it up for an evening look with some va va voom...



MEOW!!!! This is truly a statement piece of leopard print which is actually an all in one body with built in corsetry from Agent Provocateur (www.agentprovocateur.com), making sure to hold me in in and push me out in all the right places. What I love about this piece is that although it screams VAMP it stays well clear of looking trashy with it's full length sleeves and high neck, not giving away an inch of flesh.  Although I've kept the skirt subdued with plain black, the satin fabric is another extension of the vampy vibe.

For me, the obvious choice of shoe in my wardrobe to wear with this outfit are my Carvela for Kurt Geiger (www.kurtgeiger.com) ponyskins with tassels worn with my Oasis (www.oasis-stores.com) black satin weave clutch bag...



Because the outfit is so sexy due to the figure hugging silhouette, the satin skirt texture and the bold leopard print these shoes are an extension of that, with their tassels swinging around when I walk there's something quite fetishist about them.

So, what does a vamp wear in the way of jewellery? Well, we know she's no shrinking violet and has expensive tastes, so the obvious choice is DIAMONDS!! Unfortunately, as I'm not married to a millionaire, my only option is to go for costume jewellery to pack a punch, for this look, the bigger and more ostentatious the better...



The earrings are from Betsey Johnson (www.betseyjohnson.com), the ring is from Swarovski (www.swarovski.com) and both are blingtastic! If these babies were real they would have been owned by Liz Taylor!

Another week, another couple of outfits which I'm excited to share with you and I hope you love like I do, so much so that I actually wore one just last night at burlesque cabaret evening Wam Bam Club (www.wambamclub.com), here's a pic...



Please let me know what you think, I'd love to read your comments below.


Don't forget, you can follow me on Twitter (LucilleVonFrock) & Facebook. If you need to contact me, then email me at helen@lucille-von-frock.co.uk or call me on 07547 635870 - don't be a stranger, get in touch! xx

Ps: Be sure to have a gander at my Von Frock's Vintage Hen's website (www.vonfrocksvintagehens.co.uk) and 'LIKE' it's page on Facebook!




If you are coming to London for your Hen Night or birthday celebration and wish to indulge in some burlesque fun get in touch, I will come to your hotel, dress you and your friends, arrange for your hair & make up to be done in a vintage style in your hotel room then send you off with tickets to the top Burlesque cabaret show in London!! It's all so VERY exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment