Sunday 23 October 2011

What's Black & White And Read All Over...?

Hello hello hello! How has your week been my darlings? Full of joy and wonder I hope. It's been an exciting week for me, kicking off last Saturday evening at The Wam Bam Club (www.wambamclub.com), enjoying the delights of the esteemed Lady Alex and co as mentioned in last weeks blog, then melting into a week of dressing wonderful ladies for all sorts of splendid events and tailing off into a burlesque extravaganza on Friday evening at Indigo at the O2 for An Evening Of Burlesque featuring the gorgeous Folly Mixtures, Kiki Kaboom, Chrys Columbine, Kalki Hoops, Slinky Sparkles, Hotcake Kitty, Ginger Blush and incredible Amber Topaz! Phew, it was certainly a night to remember! FANTASTIC!!

Anyway, onto business, this weeks outfit is something a little grown up and sophisticated, so sit up straight ladies, it's time to pay attention...


Do not adjust yours sets....I know it's rather busy which may frighten a few readers, but don't be scared ladies, a little bit of monochrome can't hurt....As you'll see, it a gorgeous nipped waist, 3/4 sleeve jacket with matching pencil skirt. This suit was bought from H & M (www.hm.com/gb/) some years ago and I still enjoy wearing it as much as when I first got it. Both skirt and jacket are satin lined giving it a good quality feel and the cotton is quite thick so it holds shape really well. I think this suit is perfect for any age, depending on the occasion and never fails to offer me a lady like demeanor.

In the photo above I haven't added anything under the jacket, which is sometimes how I like to wear it, if I know I'm going somewhere which won't involve me getting too hot and needing me to remove my jacket, however, for those occasions such as a wedding etc when it's a long day and sitting down for a meal will be part of that, I like to wear a blouse underneath...


The blouse I've chosen is from Warehouse (www.warehouse.co.uk) and has a gorgeous cute out detail on the shoulders and chest, perfectly complementing the pattern on the skirt as it serves as an extension of the design; the silky black fabric against my pale skin looks beautiful and with such detail also looks expensive. I also like how the collar sits on my throat, the scalloped edge sitting perfectly above the collar on the jacket...



But what about accessories? Well a suit this busy speaks for itself, so shoes and bag wise, stick to something simple, a plain black court and a nice black handbag, I've gone for a clutch on this occasion as I'm dressing it for a more formal event, however, this suit could easily be worn in the daytime for something more casual like afternoon tea, in which case I'd perhaps opt for a leather doctor's style or bowling style bag...



So, as mentioned, I'm taking this look down the formal avenue, and ladies, I'm REALLY going formal, feast your eyes on this beauty...





C'est chick, oui? Now, I know fascinators are very popular right now, and while I adore the small cute ones and own a few myself, every once in a while I feel like going a little bit crazy and sticking something like this on my head, whether it's for a wedding, an evening of burlesque or simply just afternoon tea, I realise it's not understated or discreet, but I don't care! Sometimes it's nice to just go the whole hog with a look and not care about the sniggering oick's on the train platform!


What I love about this fascinator is that the disc is flat and doesn't have the dimple for the head to sit in which is the more common design. I also love that it's sheer, another little unusual quirk. Now a word to the wise, while these types of statement pieces are gorgeous, they don't come cheap when looking around regular hat shops, which is why I got mine from Ebay, you really can't beat it, I got this hat for about £25, a steal compared to the £100+ prices I'd seen elsewhere.

So, you've seen the outfit and the accessories, onto jewellery. Again, keep it simple, no fussy additions please, I'd suggest simple pearl earrings, I'm having somewhat a love in with my pearl earrings lately, they seem to go with almost anything and are just so elegant, if you don't have any, go buy a cheap pair, you'll be amazed how much you come to rely on them!


Another week, another outfit which I'm excited to share with you and I hope you love.

Please let me know what you think, I'd love to read your comments below.

Don't forget, you can follow me on Twitter (LucilleVonFrock) & Facebook. If you need to contact me, then email me at helen@lucille-von-frock.co.uk or call me on 07547 635870 - don't be a stranger, get in touch! xx

Ps: Be sure to have a gander at my Von Frock's Vintage Hen's website (www.vonfrocksvintagehens.co.uk) and 'LIKE' it's page on Facebook!

Von Frock's Vintage Hens Facebook Page!

If you are coming to London for your Hen Night or birthday celebration and wish to indulge in some burlesque fun get in touch, I will come to your hotel, dress you and your friends, arrange for your hair & make up to be done in a vintage style in your hotel room then send you off with tickets to the top Burlesque cabaret show in London!! It's all so VERY exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment